One of the biggest flaws with my blog was that there was no CAPTCHA ("Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart.) Wikipedia article here.
I was getting comment spammed. This I hope will reduce if not eliminate BOTS from putting false comments into my blog. BOTS do this to increase their ranking on search engines in order to get more hits to their sites, when a keyword is entered.
Upon looking at the code for BlogEngine.NET, I did notice that there looked like there was some DEV in the area of the CAPTCHA, but it wasn’t fully implemented.
There is still one minor security flaw in my CAPTCHA design. Once it’s fixed I will reveal what it was and how I fixed it. In the meantime, I’ve gone ahead and deleted all fake comments and uploaded the new code.
If you try to comment on my blog now, you’ll see a little picture with some number on it. The picture is of one of my cats “Sneakers”. If the number is typed incorrectly, you won’t be able to post the comment. Some of the messaging needs fixing as well. This is definitely a good feeling project for me.